Housing options

Housing options for older and vulnerable people

Site Map

Supported housing for older people schemes

Supported housing provides a home specially designed for older people who want to live independently.

Extra care housing

Extra Care Housing (ECH) means that you could live independently with the care and support you need in one of our flats for older people.

Retirement housing

If you’re finding it difficult to live in your current home then you may want to move into retirement housing.

Shared Lives

Shared Lives is where an approved carer shares their home and family life to give care, support and housing.

Care homes

Care homes are for when you can no longer live independently in your own supported, extra care, or retirement housing.

Special schemes to enable you to remain in your present home

How to get help with home improvements, domestic and personal help and financial help

Council housing 50+ housing

How to apply for for 50+ Housing and where the schemes are

Supporting vulnerable people

Supporting People services can provide the support you may need to stay in your home, or move to a new one.