The schools and college are closely following Public Health England (PHE) guidance and have asked students and teaching staff who have come into close contact with anyone infected to self-isolate at home for 14 days.
The schools and college are:
• Redmaids’ High School in the Westbury-on-Trym and Henleaze ward – 2 confirmed cases, year 10 and 2 staff self-isolating
• Bedminster Down School in the Bishopsworth ward – 2 confirmed cases, year 9 self-isolating
• Colston’s School in the Easton ward – 1 confirmed case, 21 students self-isolating
• Oasis Academy Brightstowe in Avonmouth and Lawrence Weston ward – 1 confirmed case, year 7 self-isolating
• St Mary Redcliffe and Temple School in the Central ward – 1 confirmed case, year 11 self-isolating
• St Brendan’s Sixth Form College in the Brislington East ward – 1 confirmed case, 103 students and 7 staff self-isolating.
Bristol City Council is working with the schools, the college and PHE to make sure that all students, families and staff are supported.
Information and guidance for parents, carers and guardians on school attendance and sickness during the Covid-19 pandemic is available on our website.