The following schools and nurseries in Bristol have new or further confirmed cases of COVID-19, leading to the self-isolating of students. The information below is correct as of 5pm Thursday 15 October.
The schools are closely following Public Health England (PHE) guidance and have asked students and staff who have come into close contact with anyone infected to self-isolate at home for 14 days.
The schools and nurseries are:
- Fledglings Day Nursery in the Frome Vale ward – six confirmed cases; site closed until 28th October
- Redland Green School in the Redland ward – five confirmed cases; 153 students self-isolating
- Summerhill Infant school in the St George West ward – five confirmed cases; two year 2 bubbles self-isolating
- Westbury-on-Trym CofE Academy in the Westbury-on-Trym & Henleaze ward – four confirmed cases; year 1 and year 6 year group students self-isolating
- Whitehall primary school in the Easton ward – four confirmed cases; year 6 and year 1 bubbles self-isolating
- Glenfrome Primary school in the Eastville ward – three confirmed cases; 60 students and 11 staff self-isolating
- Henbury Court Primary Academy in the Henbury ward – two confirmed cases; 82 children and 4 staff members in Years 5 and 6 self-isolating
- Begbrook Primary Academy in the Easton ward – one confirmed case; year 5 bubble self-isolating
- Easton Community Children’s Centre in the Easton ward - two confirmed cases; one bubble self-isolating
- St Bede’s Catholic College in the Avonmouth & Lawrence Weston ward – one confirmed case; 37 year 10 students self-isolating
- Summerhill Academy in the St George West ward –one confirmed case; 30 students and one staff member self-isolating
- Chester Park Junior school in the Hillfields ward – two confirmed cases; year three self-isolating
- Bristol Free School in the Southmead ward – one confirmed case; 34 students self-isolating
- Brislington Centre in the Hotwells & Harbourside ward –one confirmed case; site closed until Monday 19 October
- Trinity Academy in the Lockleaze ward – one confirmed case; nine members of staff self-isolating
- Henleaze Primary School in the Westbury-on-Trym & Henleaze ward – one confirmed case; year 5 class self-isolating
- Bristol Cathedral Choir school in the Hotwells & Harbourside ward – two new confirmed cases; year 9 self-isolating
- Fairfield High school in the Lockleaze ward – five new confirmed cases; 33 year 8 and all of year 7 self-isolating
Bristol City Council is working with the schools and PHE to make sure that all students, families and staff are supported.
Information and guidance for parents, carers and guardians on school attendance and sickness during the COVID-19 pandemic is available on our website.