Five further schools and academies in Bristol have confirmed cases of COVID-19.
The schools are closely following Public Health England (PHE) guidance and have asked students and staff who have come into close contact with anyone infected to self-isolate at home for 14 days.
The schools are:
- Boomsatsuma in the Lawrence Hill ward – three confirmed cases; 38 year 12 students, 14 year 13 students and two staff self-isolating
- Bristol Cathedral Choir School in the Hotwells & Harbourside ward – one confirmed case; 220 students in year 12 and two staff self-isolating
- Easton C of E Primary School in the Lawrence Hill ward – one confirmed case; 27 students and two staff self-isolating
- Fairfield High School in the Lockleaze ward – two confirmed cases; 61 students in year 10 self-isolating
- St Ursula’s E-ACT Academy in the Westbury-on-Trym & Henleaze ward – two confirmed cases; 49 students in year 1 and three staff self-isolating
Bristol City Council is working with the schools and PHE to make sure that all students, families and staff are supported.
Information and guidance for parents, carers and guardians on school attendance and sickness during the COVID-19 pandemic is available on our website.