Bristol City Council and Avon and Somerset Police are working together to manage public safety and minimise disruption during the planned Youth Strike 4 Climate protest which will be attended by climate activist Greta Thunberg on Friday 28 February.
As part of plans to minimise risk of harm to road users, pedestrians and protesters some city centre road closures will be in place from 9am until 5pm.
The area covered by road closures will stretch from Broadmead and the Bearpit across to Hotwells, Brandon Hill and Park Street.
The roads affected will be:
- Lower Maudlin Street from its junction with Whitson Street to Lewins Mead
- Rupert Street
- Lewins Mead
- The Horsefair
- Penn Street
- Broad Weir
- Union Street
- Wine Street
- High Street
- Bristol Bridge
- Victoria Street from Bristol Bridge to its junction with Counterslip
- Baldwin Street
- St Augustine’s Parade
- Anchor Road from St Augustine’s Parade to Cannons Way
- College Green
- Park Street
- Unity Street
- Denmark Street
- College Street
- St Georges Road from Park Street to its junction with Frog Lane
- Deanery Road from its junction with St Georges Road to the site of College Green
Commuters are advised to consider these closures and make alternative travel plans.
For live information regarding traffic and road closures please follow @TravelWestEng on Twitter or via their website https://travelwest.info/ or tune in to local radio.